The Village of Warfield is located in the West Kootenays in the southeastern portion of British Columbia. The Village is a family-oriented community located between Trail and Rossland, and offers some of the finest outdoor recreation opportunities.
The Village of Warfield’s Public Works department has an opening for a Utility Operator II.
Reporting directly to the Public Works Foreman the successful applicant will participate in the operation and maintenance of all municipal infrastructure and assets, such as: storm drainage, sewer system, potable water distribution system, roads, parks, buildings, vehicles, swimming pool, and snow removal.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement.
- Proficiency in the operation of all public works equipment, including snowplows.
- Chlorine Handling Certification.
- Level I Wastewater Collection Certification, as defined by the Environmental Operators Certification Program.
- Level II Water Distribution Certification.
- Level I Occupational First Aid Training.
- BCRPA Pool Operator I, or equivalent. Level II preferred.
Must be willing to participate in training sessions or courses to develop or enhance required skills.
Membership eligibility in CUPE Local 2087.
The Village offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
All applications must be received by June 15th, 2018 at 4 p.m. at email@example.com, or The Village of Warfield, 555 Schofield Hwy, Trail, B.C. V1R 2G7.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.