The Village of Warfield is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated individual to work under the direction of the Public Works Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to establish an on call list for snow removal within the Village of Warfield. The Seasonal/On Call employee will be available for snow removal as required, and may be required to assist in the general maintenance work in all components of the municipal public works water, sewer, roads and park infrastructure and operating any equipment pursuant to qualifications. Extraneous duties require overtime duty and call-out duty as required by the supervisor or by such person appointed to act on behalf of the supervisor.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air brake endorsement;
- Ability to operate maintenance tools and equipment;
- Ability to work alone under minimal supervision in a safe and efficient manner;
- WHIMIS, First Aid and knowledge of WorkSafe BC Regulations are considered assets; and
- Experience in snowplow operations is an asset.
This position is within the Collective Agreement – CUPE Local 2087.
Persons interested in this Seasonal/On Call position are invited to submit a resume with a driver’s abstract in confidence to the undersigned as soon as possible. No applications will be accepted after November 10th, 2016.
The Village wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Village of Warfield
555 Schofield Hwy
Trail, BC V1R 2G7
Job Posting Download:
Seasonal/On Call Works Crew Job Posting – 2016