Section 127 of the Community Charter requires that a schedule of the date, time and place of all regular council meetings to be held during the year be prepared and made available to the public. Please also see Council Meeting Schedule dates on the Warfield Community Calendar.
- Regular Meetings of the Village of Warfield Council shall take place in the Council Chambers of the Warfield Municipal Building.
- Regular Meetings of the Village of Warfield Council shall be held on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Regular Meetings of the Village of Warfield Council which occurs on a statutory holiday may be rescheduled or cancelled by resolution of Council.
- Regular Meetings of the Village of Warfield Council meetings may be cancelled by resolution of Council, provided that two consecutive meetings are not cancelled.
- Regular Meetings of the Village of Warfield Council shall be called to order at 7:00 pm.
2018 Regular Council Meetings Schedule
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
The Village of Warfield Council Meeting Process
The Village of Warfield Council meets in Chambers at the Village Municipal Building. Members of the public wishing to attend Council meetings may view a copy of the agenda online or obtain a copy from the front counter of the Village Office. If a member of the public wants to be scheduled on the agenda, they are required to contact the Village Office on the Friday prior to the scheduled meeting date.
To find out if the Agenda is available if not online, contact the Village Office at 250-368-8202 on the Monday afternoon preceding the Council meeting.
For the benefit of members of the public who are unable to attend Council meetings, Minutes of the meetings are posted on the website shortly after the minutes are approved by Council.
A Public Hearing is a Special Council meeting that serves as a forum for members of the public to provide input to Council on all matters relating to land use.
Public Hearings are held prior to Regular Meetings when necessary in Council Chambers at the Village Municipal Building. A Public Hearing agenda is made public through a notice that is published in the Trail Times approximately one to two weeks before the Public Hearing.
Delegations and Petitions
A person or organization wishing to be heard by Council may address Council as a delegation.
The following is the procedure for such presentations:
- Any person wishing to present a petition to a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the petition; and
- name and residential address of each person who has signed the petition, no later than noon on the Friday immediately preceding the meeting.
- Any delegation wishing to appear at a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the delegation; and
- name and residential address of the speaker, no later than noon on the Friday immediately preceding the meeting.
- The Council shall not receive a petition or delegation unless this section has been complied with unless otherwise resolved by Council.
- Unless the Council otherwise resolves, the maximum number of delegations that will be allowed to make a presentation at one scheduled meeting of Council is three (3) delegations. The maximum time for presentations of a petition or appearance of a delegation before Council is five (5) minutes, excluding questions from Council. Additional time is at the pleasure of Council.
- Delegations invited to attend a regular meeting of Council to provide information or present a report on a specific topic as requested by Council, shall not be restricted to the limitations contained in subsections (2), (3) and (4).
- Council shall not act on a request from a delegation until the next regular meeting, unless consent by unanimous resolution is given to consider the matter.
- This section does not apply to public hearings conducted by Council under the Local Government Act.
Please note that complete copies of bylaws, resolutions, supporting staff reports and other background material are available from the Village of Warfield CAO.