Warfield’s Integrated Official Community Plan Approved by Council
Warfield’s IOCP was approved by Council on November 15th, and it will guide Village decision-making for the next 10+ years, so please have a look! It includes policies about our neighbourhoods, parks, commercial area and more – so you are bound to find something in the plan you care about.
The IOCP Implementation Guide will help the Village implement the plan over the coming years. It includes Council Priorities for 2018 implementation and records community action ideas for future consideration.
WHAT IS AN IOCP?
The Village of Warfield Integrated Official Community Plan (IOCP) provides the long-term goals for the future our community, as well as the policies and priorities for how we begin to create that future. It is now Warfield’s highest level policy and a decision-making tool that can be applied to all levels of decisions and other planning. It will guide our community for the next 10+ years.
The policies now direct the decisions made by the Village of Warfield municipal government, but the goals can be used by the entire community – all residents, businesses and organizations in Warfield can contribute to making them happen.
Sustainability principles were integrated into the plan such that we are working toward a healthy and successful community for generations to come.
The plan is comprehensive, and covers all community systems as follows:
- Land Use and Natural Areas, including: growth management, protection of natural areas, resource management, natural hazards
- Residential Areas and Housing, including: neighbourhood character, housing types and affordability
- Commercial and Industrial Areas, including: economic development, jobs, skills, training, and commercial and industrial land, downtown core, tourism
- Infrastructure Systems, including: energy, transportation, water, waste, technology
- Recreation, Culture and Learning, including: recreation, arts, culture, heritage, learning and education, including the outdoor and indoor facilities that support these activities
- Individual and Community Health, including: individual health (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual), community safety, food security, social wellbeing
- Governance and Capacity: the resources, partnerships, values and governance principles for the community to be able to deliver on the other IOCP goals.
The planning process was funded through a grant from the Union of BC Municipalities, and the development of the IOCP means the Village is eligible for additional funding through the Federation of Canadian Municipalities ‘Green Municipal Fund’ grant program.
IOCP Poster – 2016
Warfield 2040 IOCP Community Input Summary – Dec 2016
Warfield 2040 IOCP Community Survey 2 Summary – Spring 2017
Warfield 2040 IOCP Draft 1 – August 28, 2017
Warfield 2040 IOCP Draft 2 – October 2017
Warfield 2040 IOCP Final – November 2017
Warfield 2040 IOCP Implementation Guide