Electors & Elector Registration
Resident Electors: As a Resident Elector, you live in the Village of Warfield. In order to vote, you must be on the Provincial List of Registered Resident Electors (the Voters List). Contact the Village Office if you are not sure whether you are on the List of Registered Resident Electors.
Non-Resident Property Owner Electors: As a Non-Resident Property Owner Elector, you live outside of the Village, but you own property within the Village of Warfield (see below). You must contact the Village Office to obtain an application to register as a Non-Resident Property Owner Elector.
You may register in advance until Tuesday, August 23, 2022. To register in advance as either a Resident Elector or a Non-Resident Property Owner Elector you:
- live in the Village of Warfield (Resident Elector) or you live outside of Village boundaries, but you are a registered owner of real property within the Village for 30 days immediately before the day of registration, but not holding property in trust for a corporation or another trust (Non-Resident), and
- are a Canadian Citizen, and
- 18 years of age or older on the day of registration or on general voting day for the election or assent voting; and
- are a resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately prior to day of registration, and
- are not disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election or assent voting and not otherwise disqualified by law.
Non-Resident Property Owner Electors:
- You are not entitled to register as a resident elector.
- If there is more than one registered owner of the property, only one of those individuals may, with the written consent of the majority of the owners, register as a Non-resident Property owner Elector.
- Should you own more than 1 parcel of real property, you may only register to vote once.
Registration requires 2 pieces of ID as proof of identity and residency. Acceptable ID includes:
- BC Drivers Licence/Care Card
- BC Identification Card
- BC Gold Care Card
- BC Services Card (with or without a photo)
- Vehicle insurance papers
- Social Insurance Number Card
- Citizenship Card
- Property Tax Notice
- Credit card or debit card;
- Utility Bill.
NOTE: The Village also has “same-day registration” where all eligible Electors may register to vote at the polls on either October 5th, advance voting day or on October 15th, general voting day. Two pieces of ID will be required.