Notice of Procedural Bylaw Amendment
Section 127 of the Community Charter requires that public notice be given of any amendment to the Procedural Bylaw. Accordingly, this is notice of Council’s intention to amend the Village of Warfield Procedural Bylaw 847 by the adoption of amending Bylaw 882 on January 13, 2020.
2020 Regular Council Meetings Schedule
Monday, January 13, 2020
Monday, February 10, 2020
Monday, March 9, 2020
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Monday, May 11, 2020
Monday, June 8, 2020
Monday, July 13, 2020
Monday, August 10, 2020
Monday, September 14, 2020
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Monday, November 9, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
The Village of Warfield Council Meeting Process
The Village of Warfield Council meets in Chambers at the Village Municipal Building. Members of the public wishing to attend Council meetings may view a copy of the agenda online or view a copy on the public notice board at the Village Office. If a member of the public wishes to be scheduled on the agenda, they may complete a delegation request and provide it to the Village office by the Wednesday prior to the scheduled meeting date.
To find out if the Agenda is available if not online, contact the Village Office at 250-368-8202 on the Friday afternoon preceding the scheduled Council meeting.
For the benefit of members of the public who are unable to attend Council meetings, Minutes of the meetings are posted on the website shortly after the Minutes are approved by Council. Public may request a later meeting time if the topic is of general public interest.
A Public Hearing is a meeting that serves as a forum for members of the public to provide input to Council on all matters relating to land use.
Public Hearings scheduled and advertised as necessary and held in Council Chambers at the Village Office Building. A Public Hearing is made public through a notice that is published in the Trail Times approximately one to two weeks before the Public Hearing.
Delegations and Petitions
A person or organization wishing to be heard by Council may address Council as a delegation.
The following is the procedure for such presentations:
- Any person wishing to present a petition to a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the petition; and
- name and residential address of each person who has signed the petition, no later than noon on the Friday immediately preceding the meeting.
- Any delegation wishing to appear at a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the delegation; and
- name and residential address of the speaker, no later than Wednesday immediately preceding the meeting.
- The Council shall not receive a petition or delegation unless this section has been complied with unless otherwise resolved by Council.
- Unless the Council otherwise resolves, the maximum number of delegations that will be allowed to make a presentation at one scheduled meeting of Council is three (3) delegations. The maximum time for presentations of a petition or appearance of a delegation before Council is five (5) minutes, excluding questions from Council. Additional time is at the pleasure of Council.
- Delegations invited to attend a regular meeting of Council to provide information or present a report on a specific topic as requested by Council, shall not be restricted to the limitations contained in subsections (2), (3) and (4).
- Council shall not act on a request from a delegation until the next regular meeting, unless consent by unanimous resolution is given to consider the matter.
- This section does not apply to public hearings conducted by Council under the Local Government Act.
Please note that complete copies of bylaws, resolutions, supporting staff reports and other background material are available from the Village of Warfield Corporate Officer.