The Village of Warfield Council meetings are held in person in Council Chambers at the Warfield Municipal Building at 555 Schofield Hwy.
Members of the public are welcome to attend.
The Village of Warfield has launched the CivicWeb Portal – a website that will better connect residents to Council agendas and minutes.
Features of the CivicWeb portal include a comprehensive calendar of upcoming and past Council meetings, easy access to agendas and minutes, and the ability to sign up for automatic notifications (e-updates).
Access the CivicWeb Portal
2023 Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Monday, January 9, 2023
Monday, February 13, 2023
Monday, March 13, 2023
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Monday, May 8, 2023
Monday, June 12, 2023
Monday, July 10, 2023
Monday, August 14, 2023
Monday, September 11, 2023
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Monday, November 13, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
The Village of Warfield Council Meeting Process
The Village of Warfield Council meets in Chambers at the Village Municipal Building.
If a member of the public wishes to be scheduled on the agenda, they may complete a delegation request and provide it to the Village office by the Wednesday prior to the scheduled meeting date.
For the benefit of members of the public, agendas and minutes of the meetings are available on the CivicWeb portal.
A Public Hearing is a meeting that serves as a forum for members of the public to provide input to Council on all matters relating to land use.
Public Hearings scheduled and advertised as necessary and held in Council Chambers at the Village Office Building. A Public Hearing is made public through a notice that is published in the Trail Times approximately one to two weeks before the Public Hearing.
Delegations and Petitions
A person or organization wishing to be heard by Council may address Council as a delegate.
The following is the procedure for such presentations:
- Any person wishing to present a petition to a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the petition; and
- name and residential address of each person who has signed the petition, no later than noon on the Friday immediately preceding the meeting.
- Any delegation wishing to appear at a regular meeting shall inform the CAO of the:
- subject of the delegation; and
- name and residential address of the speaker, no later than Wednesday immediately preceding the meeting.
- The Council shall not receive a petition or delegation unless this section has been complied with unless otherwise resolved by Council.
- Unless the Council otherwise resolves, the maximum number of delegations that will be allowed to make a presentation at one scheduled meeting of Council is three (3) delegations. The maximum time for presentations of a petition or appearance of a delegation before Council is five (5) minutes, excluding questions from Council. Additional time is at the pleasure of Council.
- Delegations invited to attend a regular meeting of Council to provide information or present a report on a specific topic as requested by Council, shall not be restricted to the limitations contained in subsections (2), (3) and (4).
- Council shall not act on a request from a delegation until the next regular meeting, unless consent by unanimous resolution is given to consider the matter.
- This section does not apply to public hearings conducted by Council under the Local Government Act.
Please note that complete copies of bylaws, resolutions, supporting staff reports and other background material are available from the Village of Warfield Corporate Officer.
How to Participate in a Public Hearing
Forward written submissions for Council consideration to CAO (please note that it is for Public Hearing and ensure your full name and address is included). You may submit your comments in the following ways:
- By dropping it off at the Village Office mail slot;
- By post (555 Schofield Highway, Trail, BC V1R 2G7); or
- By email to email@example.com with Public Hearing noted in the subject line (these will form part of the Public Hearing Minutes)
- Any submissions must be received by 4:00 PM on the Friday before the scheduled Public Hearing.