The Village of Warfield Public Works department maintains all village services, water, sewer, road & building and park maintenance.
Village Dump Truck & Small Equipment Rental
It is the policy of the Village to permit Warfield residents to rent the Village’s Dump Truck and other Small Equipment (ie. Power Sweeper) on a restricted and conditional basis for the purposes of cleaning up their properties by removing unwanted materials, branches, brush or other materials.
Terms & Conditions for using the Village Dump Truck:
- The use of the truck/equipment is restricted to personal non-commercial use of Village residents.
- The use of the truck/equipment is limited to hours and days outside of the regular work week.
- Materials placed in the truck dump box must be totally within the dump box and do not protrude.
- Loading the truck must be done in such a manner, so that when the truck box is raised to dump the materials slide freely and does not ‘hang-up’ on the end gate of the dump box.
- Residents using the truck are charged a flat fee of $100.00, plus any imposed Regional District tipping fees.
- Should a resident request to have the truck dumped during the weekend the resident will be charged, in addition to the $100.00 flat fee and the tipping fees, the four (4) hour call-out rate for the employee.
- Additional fees will be levied if Village employees have to unload the truck by hand.
- Small equipment must be returned in the condition they were on delivery / pick-up. If damaged, resident will be responsible for the cost of repair and/or replacement of equipment.
To ensure that this service remains available to all residents it is important to remember that the truck needs to be unloaded quickly and easily. If the load hangs up on the end gate during dumping, it becomes necessary to unload the truck by hand. Such work is time consuming and reduces the employees’ time available to complete other Village duties.
We appreciate your assistance in ensuring that this service remains economical and efficient and can be completed in an expedient manner.
Public Works Office
Monday to Friday: 7:30am – 3:30pm
Outside of village business hours Emergency ONLY on-call number is 250-368-1078 or 250-364-1737
1155 Shutek Drive
Public Works Downloads
Policy 5400 – Boulevard Landscaping
Policy 5410 – Snow Plowing
Policy 5420 – Tree Pruning
Policy 5430 – Blockage in Private Sewer
Policy 5600 – Water Quality Notification
Policy 5830 – Tree Inspection
Village of Warfield – Summer Employment Application Form
Village of Warfield – Truck and Small Equipment Rental Form Agreement
In case of an Emergency please call 911 for Police, Fire or Ambulance. The Village of Warfield Fire Department is staffed by up to 25 paid on-call Firefighters.
Practice is every Tuesday night.
A message from the Warfield Volunteer Firefighters
The Warfield Firefighters have had a busy last few months completing various Firefighter Training courses. We had four new firefighters complete the Recruit Firefighter Training Program. With the completion of the Recruit Program, it now allows these Firefighters to respond to emergency calls.
As well, six of our senior Firefighters just completed a Live Fire training course which The Justice Institute of British Columbia instructed and evaluated. This two-day Live Fire course included both theory and practical portions, and provided training in structural firefighting tactics.
We have also trained a number of Firefighters on a Sprinkler Protection Unit (SPU). In the event of a wildland fire, the SPU, which contains specialized equipment that will be used to protect structures.
The Warfield Fire Department is currently taking applications for Paid-on-Call Firefighters. The Warfield Fire Department is part of the Kootenay Boundary Regional Fire Rescue organization. All training, practices and emergency calls that Paid-on-Call Firefighters attend; they are paid an hourly wage.
If you are a resident of the Village of Warfield and would like to make a difference in your community, please pick up an application at:
Warfield Fire Hall on Tuesday nights between 7:00pm – 9:00pm or at the Village of Warfield Office during their normal business hours on Mondays from 12pm – 4pm or Tuesday to Friday from 10am – 4pm.
Fire Hall Office
555 Schofield Hwy
Reach Fire, Police and Ambulance services by dialing 911
911 is the new emergency telephone number for all residents of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary and the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
Is your house number clearly visible?
If you don’t know your assigned house number, contact your local Regional District office:
Emergency Management BC: 1-800-663-3456
Emergency Management BC Website